|Day lily in flower bed by my garage.|
My 10 Favorite Things About Summer
|Monarch butterfly the kids 'hatched' (?) last summer.|
2. Flowers and butterflies. I plant a fair amount and I especially love different colored day lilies.
3. Fresh vegetables from the garden--especially tomatoes. This year I'm trying popcorn and the stalks are over 8 feet tall.
|Up North at the lake.|
5. Bonfires on a nice quiet evening and there MUST be marshmallows. Ever make taffy with marshmallows? It's messy, but so good.
6. Sitting on the swing with my mom by the lake, reading a good romance book while my kids swim.
7. A big loud thunderstorm with lots of lightning. (As long as it doesn't blow over any of our willow trees.)
|"You think I'm not cute?!"|
9. Toads. I know, some of you will think I'm strange, but even nearing 40 I still love to play with the cute little critters. Good thing my kids love them, so I get lots of chances to see them all summer long.
10. Popsicles on a hot day. Need I say more?
I'd love to hear about some of your favorite summer things. Please share.
Stacey Joy Netzel