Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Hello! I hope you have a lot to be thankful for this year. November is a month for giving thanks, and on Facebook many people have been listing their appreciations daily. I didn't get in on that from the beginning, so I'm going to share a few of mine here.

I AM THANKFUL FOR...

1. ...my healthy family. The kids may argue a lot and drive me crazy, but I still love them more than anything. And my husband and his family, my parents, sisters, brother, cousins, aunts, uncles, friends. I pray for their health and happiness daily.



2. ...we had a safe trip to visit my son in Army Basic Training at Fort Benning, GA. It was so good to see him and how well he's doing. We are SO proud of the man he's become! (And yet still glad to see some of his quirks remain to make us laugh and shake our heads. Love you, Cody!)


3. In that same theme, I'm thankful for all the brave men and women who serve in the United States Armed Forces to protect our country and our freedoms. In honor of them, I'll be doing another author royalty donation to our nation's wounded warriors. Watch the blog for details!



4. I'm thankful for our house, and the food on our table. I know that seems 'generic', but we just finished some inside remodeling (will share in a later post) and after 15 years of the old stuff, I feel like I live in a palace now! And it's icing on the cake when I go down in the basement and see all the canned goods on the shelf. I know there are many in this world who don't have a roof or food, so yes, I'm extremely thankful for both.

 

5. Lastly, there's the fact that I have the opportunity to work doing something I absolutely love, and I owe that thanks to my readers. All of you wonderful people who buy my books and tell me how much you enjoy them--you're the reason I get to do what I love and I know how very lucky I am. THANK YOU!

There are many more things I could list, but you've got other things to do, and I'd love to hear some of YOURS. 

So, now it's your turn ~
please share with me what you're thankful for. 

I hope everyone has/had a Happy Thanksgiving,
and may God bless you all!

6 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for my hubby, my family, my friends, my daughters of my heart. I'm thankful readers are finding my books and loving them. I'm thankful I'm still able to write such books.

    I'm thankful for the education I received, the fact I am a citizen of the US, the career I had and my new "retirement" career.

    I'm thankful for all those present and past who've served in our military forces to allow this country and the options we have as citizens to pursue what makes us happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been blessed, nudged, protected and preserved all year long here. Tomorrow and always we will give many thanks. This year it is in another home close to friends and family, wondering all the while at the marvelous ways in which God acts. Happy Thanksgiving, Stacey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy your holiday in your new place back home, Dale. :) Glad you arrived safely!

      Delete
  3. I'm thankful for role models like you Stacey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thankful to have gotten my start by watching role models like you, Barb! :)

      Delete